Women in Black…
…is a world-wide network of women committed to peace with justice and actively opposed to injustice, war, militarism and other forms of violence. Read more…..
4 January 2020 in London
On 4 January, London Women in Black will commemorate and celebrate Cynthia Cockburn, beloved friend, sister, mother, grandmother and a pillar of Women in Black. We plan an afternoon of reminiscences, readings from some of Cynthia’s books, and songs she loved writing and singing, led by the Raised Voices choir, of which Cynthia was a member.
All Women in Black who knew and loved Cynthia are invited. If you would like to come, please write to CelebratingCynthia@acronym.org.uk
22-24 May 2020, Yerevan, Armenia
Themes and workshops will include:
Peace-building; Women’s rights, equality and liberation; LGBTI issues; Nationalism and Genocide; Feminism across borders; Lesbian feminist peace activism; Learning from the experiences of the Balkan wars; Connecting with our mothers.
24 May is International Women’s Day for Peace and Disarmament
Latest from the network
- Vigils 4 and 11 December - Don't vote for militarism and war7th December 2019
- Sixteen Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence22nd November 2019
- Palestinians still waiting for peace and justice15th November 2019
- CONVOCATORIA 24 Noviembre 2019: El buen trato, el derecho de las mujeres23rd November 2019
- CONVOCATION 24 November 2019: Good Treatment, Women’s Right23rd November 2019
- CONVOCATORIA 27 Octubre 2019: Defendamos lo importante27th October 2019
- on the 7th of August we stood in silence to remember HIROSHIMA-NAGASAKI together with the Leuven Peacemovement from 12h-13h. After the vigil we asked passers-by to sign a letter to our Prime-Minister to ban nuclear weapons.8th August 2019
- Today, Wednesday the 17th of July we vigiled with Mirzada from Srebrenica Bosnië, to remember the genocide on the 11th of July in Srebrenica.27th July 2019
- Silent Vigil 3th of July 201927th July 2019