Women in Black…
…is a world-wide network of women committed to peace with justice and actively opposed to injustice, war, militarism and other forms of violence. Read more…..
Holding Women in Black Armenia in our hearts
Women in Black around the world are holding Women in Black in Armenia in our hearts as we grow increasingly worried about them in the context of the armed conflict which has broken out between Armenia and its neighbour Azerbajan.
WiB Armenia are one of the newest and youngest group of our worldwide network, and had it not been for the pandemic, had planned to host WiB’s 2020 internaitonal gathering in the capital, Yerevan.
Women in Black oppose all war and all forms of violence. We do not take sides, and in supporting our sisters in Armenia are aware than there will be women working for peace in Azerbajan.
You will find some information about the war, and some background information about this “frozen” conflict. We will add to this information as the situation develops. Meanwhile, please call on your government, wherever you are, to urge both sides and their allies to call a ceasefire and work towards a peaceful solution.
AZERBAIJAN AND ARMENIA MUST PROTECT CIVILIANS ALONG THE FRONTLINE IN NAGORNO-KARABAKH, https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/eur55/3131/2020/en/
Latest from the network
- No to increased military spending24th November 2020
- Yemen: Devastated by war and Covid. Stop Arms Sales17th November 2020
- Remember the dead. Take action for peace.11th November 2020
- on the 7th of August we stood in silence to remember HIROSHIMA-NAGASAKI together with the Leuven Peacemovement from 12h-13h. After the vigil we asked passers-by to sign a letter to our Prime-Minister to ban nuclear weapons.8th August 2019
- Today, Wednesday the 17th of July we vigiled with Mirzada from Srebrenica Bosnië, to remember the genocide on the 11th of July in Srebrenica.27th July 2019
- Silent Vigil 3th of July 201927th July 2019