Women in Black are protesting around the world, from London (photo above) to Serbia (text below)
On the occasion of the aggression of the Russian Federation against the Republic of Ukraine, Women in Black organize a protest in mourning and silence “Stop the war in Ukraine!” on Saturday, February 26, 2022, at 12 o’clock in Knez Mihailova Street, in front of the Russian Tsar restaurant. We are organizing this protest as part of an international peace campaign launched by the Network of Women in Black from Italy.
Russia’s recognition of the republics of Donetsk and Luhansk has led to great tensions at European and world level, and eventually escalated into an open and brutal Russian invasion of Ukraine.
In 2014, the Russian Federation attacked Ukraine and annexed Crimea. In 2022, the Russian Federation recognized Donetsk and Luhansk – areas that seceded from Ukraine in 2014.
The attacks on Ukraine, carried out by the Russian Federation from land, sea and air, are a manifestation of the militaristic imperial goals of the Russian regime led by the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin:
On this occasion we demand:
– Urgent cessation of all military operations and the withdrawal of all Russian troops from the territory of the independent state of Ukraine, as well as from the occupied territories.
– Introduction of new and expansion of existing sanctions imposed by the European Union against the Russian Federation.
– An investigation by the International Criminal Court of crimes against civilians committed by Russian military formations by bombing not only military, but primarily civilian facilities in Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa and other Ukrainian cities.
– That the state of Serbia adhere to the legal ban on sending volunteers from Serbia to the theater of war in Ukraine.
– We express our solidarity with the peace movement both in the attacked Ukraine and in the Russian Federation.
Women in Black
In Belgrade, February 25, 2022